A full version history including the changes made in the most recent update is available on the UKTS Freeware Packs web site.
UKTrainSim Freeware Route Pack - The Mayflower Line
The UKTrainSim Freeware Project has a dedicated web site containing lots of information and resources. It can be found at uktrainsim.com/FreewarePacks.
What's this all about?
The UKTrainSim Freeware Project is here to make your life easier. By collecting together freeware items and re-skins for RailWorks donated by the community into simple to download and install packs we hope to achieve the following core aims:
- Simple to install
- Reliable resource for freeware developers
- Significantly increase the amount of free content available
There are packs of assets, rolling stock, routes and scenarios and each one covers a particular theme. If you want to browse the available packs visit The Packs web page.
What's in This Pack?
This pack contains the Mayflower Line. It was created by a team of people as part of the UKTS Route Building Challenge #3. If you would like to see pictures of the route then browse the Freeware Packs Gallery where screenshots of this route can be viewed.
The Mayflower Line is approximately 24 Miles long and runs between Manningtree on the GEML and Harwich Town. The railway operates a mixture of local passenger services, passenger services to London Liverpool Street and freight to Harwich Port.
The route comes with 9 scenarios that use only default and freeware stock. There is also a comprehensive manual containing details of each scenario and a route map.
Requirements for the Mayflower Line
To use this route you must have the following packs installed. The installer will check and tell you if you are missing any packs.
These packs are only required to run the scenarios and are not required to load the route
Super Fast Pack Downloads for all UKTrainSim Premium Account Holders
The packs can be downloaded for free but at a reduced speed unless you are a UKTrainSim Premium Account holder. Premium Accounts enjoy superfast unlimited downloads of all of the Freeware Packs and all content in the largest TrainSim file library in the World! Premium membersip costs as little £3 for 1 month of unlimited downloads. 12 months can be had for the bargain price of just £20. For more details on how to become a premium account holder visit premium subscription web page.
A Very Big THANK YOU!
It goes without saying that the packs would not exist without the community coming together and supporting it. Many members of the community have offered words of encouragement, support, time, energy and much more. Throughout the development of the Freeware Pack Project I have made every attempt to record the donations and support people have given. Please take a moment to acknowledge all the people who have helped by visiting the Credits page.
Donations for this pack were received from (alphabetical order):
- Mistley Lodge tweaks and beta testing
- UKTS 23077 Coastal Tanker for Railworks, Ver. 2.0
- UKTS 22487 Dock Crane
- UKTS 28331 Straddle Carrier
- GreatNortherner (Goldern Age of Rail)
- UKTS 21632 Chainlink Fence Kit
- UKTS 21695 Metal Palisade Fences
- UKTS 21835 Concrete Cable Troughs
- UKTS 22717 Platform Car Stop Marker Signs
- UKTS 22888 Signs (Pack 3) Lineside Operation Signs
- UKTS 22890 Signs (Pack 2) Safety Signs
- UKTS 23174 Footbridge kit
- UKTS 22958 Additional Van Liveries v2
- Station signs and scenarios
- RouteBuilding and scenario creation
- UKTS 19850 4 Re-skinned Vans
How can I Get Involved
Full details of what you can do to help with the UKTrainSim Freeware Project are available on the Get Involved web page.
Licensing Conditions for the Mayflower Line Route Pack
- Freeware Route Packs may NOT be withdrawn from the UKTS Freeware Project after they have been donated however assets which have been donated as part of the pack and where the author retains permission to withdraw use of them may still be withdrawn. Asset authors should be aware that doing so would jeopardise the existence of the route and pack and therefore could force its withdrawal.
- The contents of this pack (route, scenarios, asset's etc) are for your own personal use and must not, under any circumstances, be sold or distributed in any way whatsoever without the written permission of the route author (Jim Nobbs) or the creator of the individual assets concerned.
- This pack or any part of this pack must not be uploaded onto any website nor distributed via CD without the permission of the route author (Jim Nobbs) or the creator of the individual assets concerned.
- This pack is only for distribution through uktrainsim.com
- You may make your own alterations to the Route but you must not release these without prior written permission from the route author (Jim Nobbs)
These conditions will allow us to create a reliable, simple and completely free resource for the community. For the latest conditions visit uktrainsim.com/FreewarePacks.